Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi there. I think I am almost done with stocking my 29g. I have a teeny tiny pair of black oscellaris, a lawnmower blenny and a sea hare. :)

I will be picking up a goby, most likely a watchman very soon.

My question is can I add anything else? And if so, any suggestions? I have a bunch of corals so I need reef friendly only. :)

If it matters, I am most likely upgrading this 29g to my current 55g tank after I finish my 125 build for the cichlids. Not sure how much more fish wise those extra gallons would mean.

thanks everyone for your time

You are going to have a hard time keeping a sea hare alive.They need a constant source of food.

Good luck though.

I've heard that. He mowed through ALL my hair algae in a matter of days. I've been leaving my algae on the glass for him and my blenny to snack on.
Unfortunately you may be right though and I may end up bringing him back to the LFS. I've considered it.

I believe multiple clowns aren't a good idea. I'd love them but I've heard some not good stories. lol

If you keep more then two clowns in a small tank they are going to fight, in a larger tank you can get away with it sometimes, even then you have to monitor.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how much is too much for your system, I like to lean on the side of caution. It is better to be under stocked then over.

Yep thats why I initially thought 4 fish. Just to be safe. But now with the clowns being so darn tiny it's like my tank is empty.

I have two clowns and a midas blenny in my 65 gallon, so it feels quite empty. lol I know what you mean, I have a buddy whose tank is beautiful with all this activity, but it is grossly overstocked. He has had a few losses but just says it's stress and won't listen to anyone else.

Any suggestions on larger cool fish like tang type cool? I know a tang needs the 6 foot tank so he's out. But theres gotta be fish i can keep in a 55 or 75 that aren't blennies, gobies, chromis or damsels. lol

lol, I have to tell you what all is in there, so it's a 72 gallon bowfront with all of this:

2 PJ Cardinals
1 Yellow Tang
1 Blue Hippo Tang
2 O Clowns
1 Foxface Rabbitfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Yellow watchmen goby
4 Green Chromis
2 Sand sifting stars

Omg. overstocked isn't the word for that. i bet it looks cool though. Wish I could have tangs :-(((

Yeah, I have the same issues, I love tangs but not enough space. I am getting a flame hawkfish and a coral beauty dwarf angel soon. Take a look at the dwarf angels, I like the flame dwarfs and bi colors better then the corals but that is the one my wife wants. I have to let her pick atleast one fish, lol.

I was looking at the dwarf angels. BUT it says that they are reef with caution and they will nip softies and lps.

Oh, you are going reef. I have FOWLR so now worries, yeah I have heard of people with well behaved angels and some that are terrors.

Anglers are AWESOME fish and are reef safe, but it could eat your poor clowns. lol They will eat anything that can fit in their mouth.

I'm more about the corals than the fish. they outnumber my fish like 4 to 1. lol I don't wanna take any chances with the corals. But after getting my clowns I'm kinda jonesing for more fish activity. Silly blenny does nothing but sit around and stare at me, the goby I'm gonna get is the same story.

such decisions life is tough hehe

Back
Top Bottom