Firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ctetra18

Aquarium Advice Regular
An I still have a firefish if I go with a rimless tank?what other restrictions are there?

There is a possibility that it could jump out so you're taking a risk. You could always make a DIY net cover over it.

Any other jumpers I can't have.i would like a flme angel...

Stocking list

Flame angel
Firefish
Clownfish
Neon goby
Watchmen goby

Inverts and Cuc

Cleaner shrimp
Hermit crabs
Pencil uncin
Snails
etc...

Not at all. I wouldn't recommend adding any more fish, but some small inverts are fine. You could add a pistol shrimp if you wanted and it will most likely pair with your watchman goby which is an awesome relationship to watch. IMO I love purple firefish more than the red ones.

Ctetra18 said:
An I still have a firefish if I go with a rimless tank?what other restrictions are there?

Ive heard a lot of people say that firefish jump but ive never seen any of mine jump. Theyll keep a burrow or hole nearby to dart in when they get scared. They never dart upwards. I have one in two different tanks and they dart into their hide outs when they see movement.

That is the same with mine. It will be in the middle of my tank and when frightened go to it's burrow on the side. I have a screen top anyway just in case.

Definitely going rimless

What should I put with a watchmen goby for the symbolic relationship?

Cool love the look of rimless tanks, but they can be expensive. Pistol shrimp. Candy stripe pistol shrimp are the most colorful. I have one, but haven't been able to find it since I put it in the tank :(.

So if I go rimless gobies are out :(

It all depends on who you ask. I've never had a firefish jump. I have a yellow watchman goby that rarely comes out from under the rocks other than feeding time. I have a diamond watchman goby that is out sifting all day and never gets startled. If the fish are happy then they'll stay in the tank. If theyre unhappy and stressed, they will dart all over the place, including upwards. Its up to you if you want to take the risk.

Back
Top Bottom