Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Firefish died!!! Idk why??

All parameters are fine and beyond else is happy my fire fish just died now after 3-4 days

Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sorry to hear about your firefish. :-(

How did you acclimate him to the tank? Any other tank mates that could have picked on him?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Only thing is maybe the cb shrimp I think cut his back fins but that's it, could that have been it
Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If there was any aggression from the shrimp and he did any damage to the fish I wouldnt doubt it. Plus the fish was new to the tank and probably wasnt adjusted yet and then he gets picked on. Not a good start in a new tank. My firefish is still super skittish around me and its been months and months lol.

Just guessing by the way, theres really no way to know for certain what happened other than the firefish didnt make it. :-(
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Sorry about your loss. How long was he at the lfs before you got him? If it wasn't a long time it could have just been super stressed from repeat acclamations.

Tags
die, died, firefish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com