First batch of Reef Crystals on the way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've moved to a new tank, 'trates are too low to be measured right now, but hair algae is still creeping up.

I read a review of RC salts on drsfostersmith.com - a guy claimed to have constant hair algae problems with RC.

I never once had hair algae before moving to RC. My cyano is all gone though since the salt switch. Not a hint of it anywhere, not at all. I had it bad with IO. Which is backed up by the Macna report.

I'm going to start doing large PWC's weekly to see if I can get the hair algae under control, and also invest in some clean-up crews (hermits, etc). I have very few hermits now, I haven't bought any in almost a year. Also going to pick up new fuge lights, although right now, the fuge is clear of it, it's all in the main tank, so it might not be the fuge light.

My pincushion urchin shreads it like crazy. Since you have corals, that might cause a problem. I usually don't like to run extra stuff in my tanks, but I added pruigen and it is working wonders. I haven't had cyano and my hair algea is not spreading. I also added a phosban reactor.

I wonder if a pencil urchin would work as well... there's one at a LFS for cheap...

My pencil is smaller and doesn't eat as much as my pincushion. Keep in mind the pencil will knock stuff over, if it is not properly anchored down.

Back
Top Bottom