First coral!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
Getting my first coral in a couple days!!! Any recommendations on what I should get? No sps!!!! Just a beginner lol:)

Pulsing xenia and green star polyps are just about indestructable, but If it was me I'd grab some zoanthid and ricordea.

My first two were a green zoanthid and purple mushroom. I have managed to avoid killing both of them as well :) Both are a great starter coral, But I believe I prefer my pulsing xenia more since they add some movement to the tank.

My first coral was an LPS and I think I have only have one nearly die but it's on it's way back I got torch hammer and frogspawns also a plate coral and some Duncan's

first frags I got were trumpet coral and a paly frag. They both weathered some pretty harsh conditions but they are still going and doing great now! Be careful if you go the xenia route, as you will probably have it in your tank forever!

Thanks for all the replies!!! I have LEDs. The guy at the store said that I can keep almost anything.
Could I get a torch for my clowns to host?

Torches are awesome! That was one of my first. Torches, frogspawn or hammers would be fine and they have nice movement in the water. Maybe later on a clam.

Ok wasn't planing on a clam for a while. What should I dose with?

Ok wasn't planing on a clam for a while. What should I dose with?

Yeah... Don't listen to store guys. A clam will need a more mature tank to keep or else will usually die. But they will filter feed off of phytoplankton.

What LEDs are they? A lot of lfs sell LEDs that they claim can keep anything but end up being marineland double brights or something.. Which btw cannot keep anything

They are these new fluval sea leds. It says on the box that they are only meant for reefs. I don't know if this will help but they where like $200

Some pics

image-4260015060.jpg

image-4260015060.jpg

Attachments

• image-3014056196.jpg
    image-3014056196.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 93
From what I can tell it should be able to keep Softys and lps not sure on sps though

I was gonna get those lights but I thought they where too cheap and I wanted to actually see them In person.

I was gonna get those lights but I thought they where too cheap and I wanted to actually see them In person.

I have them and love them not one complaint and want to get another set soon(y)
a nice light with out the big price tag

Ok I'm thinking about returning the ones I have now and getting that. Would 1 work for my 36 gal?

Back
Top Bottom