first coral purchase pictures inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this isnt my first coral ,just my first coral for this tank. this would be my third saltwater tank, my last 2 were destroyed during the hurricane. those i had for a little over 9 months, a 75g and a 40g both reef, but i did deside to take back that coral after thinkin about it i traded it back to the fishstore for a fish she told me the name of it but i cant remember heh anyone can help?

10004547vc.jpg

afilter said:
Congratulations and welcome to the addiction!

You tell me about it. I am starting to run credit and mess up my budget because it brings me great joy to go to an LFS and browse (and hopefully buy) a coral. I am addicted to watching them. And I am also addicted at the experience of being in the LFS buying stuff with enthusiastic hobbyists. I definitely am addicted. Is there a treatment for such?

hackteck said:
540 watt metal halide and power compact combo

Lucky you. You can have anything. I only have PCs :cry:

afilter said:
I highly suggest you pick up a couple of books for IDing them. The one I find most helpful is Julian Sprungs "Corals" Not much narative on each coral, but tons of pictures with an easy to read guide on lightin, aggressiveness, feeding and placement

Wow, that Julian person is popular. Rick, the owner of Rick's Fish and Pet in Frederick, MD, has been sales talking me into that book and he said Julian is his personal friend. He wants me to pre-order from him (Rick), and I will get an autographed copy of the book by Julian. I mean, I love reef tanks. But I don't really feel any greatness to getting Julian's autograph. Others, however, are siked about that.

Brenden said:
xenia is a good choice but place carefully as it will try to take over your tank.

You got that right.

Why don't you try bubble coral or green polyps? Possibly colorful zoos and mushrooms perhaps?

With that much lighting, you can get anything. And if you have a good filter, you may eventually end up getting addicted to SPS.

Good luck and heed our warning. The purchasing/trading of corals is addicting. :lol:

I know you have already brought the flower pot back but had to chime in.
I got suckered into a white one and it was dead inside 4 weeks.

Tried everything. People who sell these I enjoy calling them out! Just leave them alone and aqua culture something else!!!

Back
Top Bottom