First Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flynnternet

Aquarium Advice Regular
So It's time to finally buy my first fish. My plan was to buy a pair of percula clowns tomorrow (new shipment into my LFS). These will be the first fish in my tank (se below). The clean-up crew will be coming late this week or this weekend, and since the fish will be in the QT for 3 weeks, I thought it would work out well.

What do people think of having two hopefully very little clowns in a 10gal QT at the same time? Is this too much to introduce into a tank that has no fish yet? Should I buy one at a time, a few weeks apart?

TIA

They should be fine in a 10 gallon qt tank. Just keep up with water changes.
Have fun!! :wink:

you probably want to add the fish in at the same time, this way they can adjust to the new settings together. adding seperately might cause them to fight.
good luck,
mermaid

Well, it wasn't meant to be for today I guess.

When I got to my LFS, the shipment of percs had just come in. They were still equalizing the temperature. The guy suggested I buy four, that way two will probably live, he said. No thanks, I said, I'll wait until I can see them fed. I'm not into ichthymicide.

I can't go back tomorrow, so Thursday I'll go back and hope they have some left. I would try another LFS, but as I live in Manhattan and have no car, this is the closest one that sells marine fish. They were so small, maybe 1/2 inch, and looked good. Very active, no white spots...yet,

Back
Top Bottom