Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2004, 09:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

When I woke up today, 1 of the little guys had dissapeared. The other 2 were still together wanderng around the tank. I checked as the tank as I could but its a 120Gal with 160lbs of LR so theres plenty of places to hide. He wasn't on the floor, in the overflow or in the sump. If he hopped out my dog could've got him and I do have a decent sized cleanup crew that could of consumed the body.

I do plan to get more, but since they were my first fish my plan was to get 3 see how they did, and allow the Bio-filter to buildup, then add 4 more in a few weeks, For a total of 7.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I hope he's ok -

But just in case he isn't, I'd hold off for a week or so on adding any more. See how the other two do, and watch those nh3/nh4 levels.

Good luck.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Its been 12 hours since I noticed he was MIA, still no sign of him and no spike. If he sank my cleanup crew could of gotten rid of him pretty quickly.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I found the little guy he was dead. I found him stuck to the back of a powerhead intake. Once I got him out of the tank I noticed the last 3rd of his body had been eaten.

Not sure on the cause of death, probobly a result of the aclimation. The other 2 are doing fine, I gave them a little breakfast, both gobbled it up. I did another test for ammonia, I also tested some of my RO/DI water. The tank water was slightly greener than the ro/di so I did have some released. Not surprising because of the dead fish and because of the added bioload.

I'm going to leave the other 2 in there for now. Once I get my basement sump setup I'll have a place to setup a quarantine tank and get the rest of the school cleared for entry into the main.

Tags
first fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com