First monti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

likeaboss2645

Aquarium Advice Activist
I this superman monti at my lfs and was wondering if anyone had any advice.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423257850.376669.jpg

90 gal reef; 29gal bio cube

Monti's are easy. As long as your lighting is strong enough, since they need intense lighting, and you keep the parameters stable you'll do just fine.
They can be pretty forgiving though. I actually had the orange one in my tank bleach out during a 2 day power outage. It actually recovered and continues to grow to this day.

Thx I don't always trust what my lfs tells me Cuz they sometimes try to sound like they know more than they do so. When I bought it he said to try to give it just a tiny bit of light and work it up and that didn't sound right I me that's why I asked

90 gal reef

Well, that is how you should properly acclimate new coral to your lighting. Start it off low and work it up to more intense light. But overall, SPS corals require intense lighting. Under my Radions, the orange monti is up the top. I'm currently acclimating a purple rimmed danae, which is in the middle and will be moved up higher later on.

I was nervous about my first one too. It isn't that bad. It's all about stability and lighting...but then again, its all a reef is about. What kind of lighting do you have?

Superman monti is pretty hardy. It is an encruster so pick a cool rock you want it to encrust once you've fully light acclimated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Right now I have 4 vhos over my tank but here's the weird part haha I am planning to switch to LEDs (Chinese) and I already have 1 unit so I have the one unit running at like 20-30% over my my frag rack (which I have about 4in under the water in a shaded corner) to start acclimating my frags to leds

90 gal reef

I have an encrusting Sunset Monti under a 4 bulb HO light and its doing very well. Trading a frag this weekend for a Chalice. I don't think you'll have any problem with it.

I have an encrusting Sunset Monti under a 4 bulb HO light and its doing very well. Trading a frag this weekend for a Chalice. I don't think you'll have any problem with it.

I agree, depending on the monti they really aren't as light hungry as some other sps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom