First online order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello i was looking at doing my first online order. I was looking at a blue hippo and then either a leopard wrasse or flame angel. I was wonder if it’s possible to put cooper in my qt tank or adjust them first then slowly add cooper?

You’ll need sand in a qt if you are getting a leopard. They’re not easy fish to keep and usually come with internal parasites. You can treat the qt with copper but like I said qt for the leopard is different than the tang or angel. Honestly with a qt it’s best to just keep the fish in there for a little while and monitor before treating as treating can do more harm than good if there’s nothing wrong with the fish.

So i got a flame angel blue hippo and clown fish today from pet solutions. Flame angel is hiding a lot and the clown seems to be doing good he’s swimming all day. The blue hippo seems like he has one little white dot on him. Should i treat it feed him for a day or two first

Isolate the hippo from everything else and assume it's ich until you know otherwise. Blue hippos are notorious for problems IMO. Tangs have messed up every tank I've ever had. Smh.

I say start treatment immediately because it won't hurt. Monitor feeding. Fish will eat normally in the beginning of an outbreak.

I hope your other fish haven't been infected.

Back
Top Bottom