First timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babymama

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I got a 75 gallon tank now with t5 lights a sump a refigium two hundred pounds of live rock two power heads a return pump the tank is pre-drilled any advice on what else I will need

a timer for the lights and a master test kit, but I've just gotten started myself so I'm sure there is more that I'm not aware of

Was a skimmer included in the deal? if not you may want to look into getting one. Even more important if you want a reef tank with coral. :)

Good luck with your new setup! So exciting isn't it? lol

I got the setup off craigslist for $125 so I'm not to picky on what I got with the deal

Babymama said:
I got the setup off craigslist for $125 so I'm not to picky on what I got with the deal

She was just asking if it came with a protein skimmer? Do you plan on having corals with this tank? We can help you better with what you need if we know what your plans are stocking wise.

Yep, that's what i meant. lol With fish and rock only you wouldnt be as pressed to have a skimmer, depending on the stocking. But corals require really good water and a skimmer can really really help with that. It removes excess organics from the water and is pretty much a must have if you want corals or anemones.

Oh I didn't know I'm sorry no it didn't come with it I want a reef setup tho so I need a skimmer a heater and a test kit anything else besides water

Those are the essentials. Of course you could look into getting a carbon reactor, GFO (or phosban) reactor, supplements, heater and/or chiller, ATO system. Seems like you have enough except for the protein skimmer if you want to buy that. Seems like a lot of rock for your tank...maybe it's dense. Just curious because I have about the same size tank and only 1 lb/gallon. :D Sounds exciting!

Well the guy I am getting it from had grouper in it so I dunno about why there is so much rock

Back
Top Bottom