First timer, is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JrMafia90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting a new Oceanic corner 54 gallon. I am having somebody set it up and et everything for me. I want to know if I am getting a good deal or is he charging me to much, sounds like a good price to me. The price is $1700 with setup. That includes:
- 54 gallon tank
- stand and canopy
- light
- gass top
- canister filter
- protein skimmer
- powerhead
- heater
- thermometer
- some kid of other meter
- 70 lbs. of live rock
- baserock
- 2 bags of live sand
- timer for light
- some startup fish that cycle, like damsels i think
- all kinds of chemicals including startup
- and setup

Might be some other things I forgot bout that sounds like the basics. Does that sound like a good price?

Also, he is going to charge me $65 to come and service my tank every other week, is that good?

I am new to this so all help is needed thanks. It will be coming in on Tuesday so when it does I will post pics.

Igot my 125 for 1700.00 including everything you got except the startup damsels for cycling which you could not pay me to get. Do your tank a favor and read the article here about a fishless cycle.

- What kind of aquarium are you looking for? Reef? Fish?

- Whats the light? Simple NO bulbs?

I am doing a fish only tank.

I got some kind of spcial lights, like night day and day time, a blue bulbd and white I think.

I didn't want used, I want new.

Wow that sounds high to me. I've got less than that in my 125 gal.....if i lived closer i'd service your tank for $65 bi-weekly :lol: I recommend you hang out here, watch for the links people post and you can definitely save money buying online. The fun in this hobby is doing the maintenance yourself imo

Sounds high to me as well. There are a lot of changes I would make to that setup (sump, real live sand, DSB, etc).

Read HERE about cycling.

Bear fan thanks for the link. that`s a good link on cycling that everybody should read. And by the way, How bout them Cowboys !!!!

I read the link, thanks, at first it was $1200 he told me but then with all the chemicals, setup and protein skimmer, came to $1700

how does that service price cost? is it to much?

you guys really think I'm getting ripped off that bad, because my friend refered him to me saying he was real cheap, my friend has a 175g reef and a 250g saltwater fish, so I thought he couldn't be that much.

How much do you guys think it should be?

On the other hand Jrmafia if you have the money and you like it go for it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder`s wallet. If you like it get it and dont worry.Merry christmas to all

I talk to the guy on tuesday to see if I want this, so what would you guys do? How much should it be? And how much should maitance be for every other week.

He'll probably sell you a bridge next... too much money! Save the cash for now, read all you can here and DIY...

I was going to do it myself but I thought it was going to be to hard and take to long, maybe I should still look around. Thanks you guys.

IMO 1200 is a fair price for every thing, skimmer included... remember were talking a CORNER BOW they run more then the regular 55 gal tank. 500 to set it up now thats high.. i would offer the guy 1400 set up and see if he bites..

Price out the items on the net and a corner bow and tank runs around $650 and LR if its 70 lbs thats another 150-200. IT adds up quick..

Back
Top Bottom