First timer-need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SABOB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recent Dwarf Angel(Coral Beauty)death 1 day after purchase.Also bought Chocolate Chip Starfish that is doing well.Parameters in 55gallon tank with 45 lbs live rock - pH 8.0 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10
Salinity 1.0020 Temp 77 degrees

LFS thinks maybe a bacteria,Starfish and damsels,Royal Gramma and clownfish doing well.Also had past Flame Angel death 3 days after purchase,Yellow Tang lost color and died.Angels both at surface gasping before dying.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!!!

As stated in inital post 55 gallon 45 lbs Live rock 8.0 pH 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrite
10 Nitrates 1.0020 salinity 77degrees Temp
Fluval 404 Filter
1 False Perc.,1 Royal Gramma,1 Blue Damsel,1 Allen Damsel,1 Chocolate Chip Starfish,2 Turbo Snails and 3 small Hermit Crabs

All current livestock eating well,no signs of stress,whenever I add other fish....
Flame Angel,Coral Beauty,Yellow Tang I have bad luck

What would be reccomended to increase oxygenation?,LFS said Fluval was enough for circulation etc

With the 404 it will be bogged down with media and head pressure. The rating those things are given are for when empty. I would suggest adding two Maji Jet 1200's to the tank as soon as possible.

When you got the 8.0 ph reading, what time of day was that tested and how is your alk level?

Cheers
Steve

pH reading at noon .not sure about alk level.Thanks for your advice on the Maji Jet 1200, will look for them today!!!!!

I would suggest getting the alk tested while your out shopping for the PH's. Proper alk will help maintain the ph but measured at noon the ph is not all that bad unless the lights had been on since early morning.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom