Fish compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all!!
So I am interested in a Mandarin fish. I've had my tank about a year now, and got a really good population of pods. My current bio load is 1 Sailfin Tang, 2 Ocellaris clowns, 2 Green chromis, 1 yellow tail, and a Scooter blenny.
I also have a GBTA, a small colony of yellow polyps, 4 frags of zoas, a frag of pulsing xenias, a cleaner shrimp and a blood shrimp.
The tank is a 120 measuring 48X24X25.
Would I be able to keep the mandarin and scooter in the same tank or would there be trrouble?
Thanks and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

How much live rock do you have, how deep is the sand bed, and do you have a refugium attached to the system?

As for as them being compatible ill speak for myself, my mandarin and scooter Blenny got along pretty well even were swimming together all the time until I awoke one day to my huge emerald crab ripping my mandarin in half....my emerald has lived in my sump ever since....

A lil over 120#, 40 gallon Trigger sys 36 ruby elite sump, diablo xs160 skimmer, nextreef smr1 media reactor running 3 cups carbon/zeolite

And your tank is bigger then mines so you should be fine

Sand bed about 2-3 inches, but none of that should really matter. My bio load is not all that big for a 120.
Thanks for the replies.

Main thing is to be sure your pods can breed because a mandarin will eat all ur pods extremely fast

Back
Top Bottom