Fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russian65

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering if 3 neon blue cleaner gobies, 2 sharknose gobies, a mandarin dragonet, a lionfish, and a small snowflake eel would get along together? Thank you in advance.

i don't know about the gobies but i have seen someone with a large lionfish and large snowflake with each other and they were just fine

The lionfish will inevitably eat the gobies and mandarin. If you want to have the larger more carnivorous fish, you'll have to stay away from the little guys. If you wanted to scratch the lionfish off your list, then the eel with others MAY work. It will depend on the size and personality of the eel. Some people keep snowflakes with crabs, small fish, and other inverts and they never touch anything as long as they are well fed. Others have had them make a salt water buffet out of their tankmates, it's really hit or miss.

My only problem is that the lion fish will take the smaller fish out. That`s my only concern.

Back
Top Bottom