Fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickstar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on getting a flame angelfish and a valentini pufferfish in the same tank. Are they compatible and reef safe?

Depends on the size of the tank! They are both semi aggressive fish so given enough room it might work. I have a similar puffer and he is certainly the boss. Not sure if there is anyone else who has this combo out the can shed some more light?

Depends on the size of the tank! They are both semi aggressive fish so given enough room it might work. I have a similar puffer and he is certainly the boss. Not sure if there is anyone else who has this combo out the can shed some more light?

I have a 30 gallon now with one firefish but around October I'm upgrading to a 80 or 90 gallon

Puffers aren't reef safe because of their love of inverts specifically clean up crews

Those two fish should get along fine if they are in a large enough tank.

I wouldn't consider either reef safe. Angels are known to pick at corals, I don't believe they are any threat to the CUC though. It will just depend on the individual fish, same for the puffer. Most puffers will pick at/eat the CUC, though the valentini seems to be less likely, since it is in their diet. I've done a good bit of research on puffers as thats why I set up my marine tank, I'm going with a different toby puffer though. The puffer may also pick at corals, again it'll just depend on the individual fish.

I'm putting my puffer in my tank that has few corals and I also have a little bit of a CUC. If the CUC gets eaten I'm not worried and will just replace every now and then, but I will be upset if the corals begin to get picked at. I have a plan to move the corals into a separate tank if that becomes a problem at any time though.

Those two fish should get along fine if they are in a large enough tank.

I wouldn't consider either reef safe. Angels are known to pick at corals, I don't believe they are any threat to the CUC though. It will just depend on the individual fish, same for the puffer. Most puffers will pick at/eat the CUC, though the valentini seems to be less likely, since it is in their diet. I've done a good bit of research on puffers as thats why I set up my marine tank, I'm going with a different toby puffer though. The puffer may also pick at corals, again it'll just depend on the individual fish.

I'm putting my puffer in my tank that has few corals and I also have a little bit of a CUC. If the CUC gets eaten I'm not worried and will just replace every now and then, but I will be upset if the corals begin to get picked at. I have a plan to move the corals into a separate tank if that becomes a problem at any time though.

What are cuc corals? I already have a red mushroom coral and a tongue coral

Back
Top Bottom