Fish Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently, a friend requested I help him with his first saltwater tank. I search around and found him an 80 gallon tank wih built in wet/dry, heater, skimmer, UV; the works. Now focusing on the fish for it, he has compiled a list. I immediatly discouraged him from the impossible. However, i have been keeping small (6-35 gallon) saltwater tanks, and do not have the experience that others may have in the larger fish category. Here is the list.
2 Percula
2 Clarkii
1 Powder Blue
1 other tang
1 Queen Trigger
possibly other fish or one to replaces fish on the list
My concerns are about the trigger beating up other fish, Tangs attacking each other, and a size issue with the trigger. Any input on the list would be appreciated, alog with suggestions of different fish that would work. He plans on using LR and LS, and having corals and possibly anemones.
Thanks
Ben

Well, first I would not mix these clowns, either 2 of the Percs, or 2 of the Clarkii's. He should not mix different species of clown.
Also I would choose one of the tangs. IMO an 80 is too small for 2 tangs.
If he wants Corals and anemones, forget about the Trigger too, definitely a coral picker (eater).
Sorry........ :(
Many different possibilities here. Depends on his goal with this tank.
Have him take a look at this.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/SWCompatibility.php

Many are peaceful when they are young but become very aggressive when they mature. The real problem is having corals and/or inverts with them.

Well i talked it over with him and convinced him to change slightly, here is the new list
-(2)pair of clarkii clowns
-(1)either yellow, purple, blue, or sailfin tang. I steered him away from the powder-blue since its fragile nature and hard care
-(1)a dwarf angel like flame, potter, bicolor, rusty or other
possibly others

Back
Top Bottom