Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
fish compatible with lionfish or puffers

im looking into starting a sw tank and the 2 fish that i really would like to get are a lionfish and possibly a type of puffer that is not that aggressive n e one know wut type of puffer would be good or n e types of fish that would be compatible with the lionfish and or the puffer

philc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
not both, unfortunatly the puffer might kill the lion, as for lions any thing that wont fit in there mouth and nothing too aggressive, lions are mean they just eat things smaller then half there size, puffers and triggers, what size of tank is it?

e-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
You can keep a fuzzy dwarf lionfish with a sharpnose toby puffer (they are a dwarf puffer) I would recommend the valentini toby puffer. You could try the volitan with the valentini but I wouldn't advice you too, but supposably the valetini is toxic to fish if they are ingested so fish don't mess with them for this purpose, I don't really know if this is true, but IME nothing messed with my valentini and I keep it with an Undulated triggerfish.

Hope this helps
triggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
I would pick one and choose mates accordingly. If you get the Lion, there are matches, just as long as they are bigger than the lion and not fin-nippers (maybe a big angel, butterfly, or wrasse?). If you go with the puffer, just get something without large flowing fins and you would be ok. A trigger and a puffer would be pretty cool.

All this said, I mean with sufficient tank size of course (Like starting at 75 gal).

Good Luck!

Woo Hoo, PAYDAY! Time to pay the LFS rent (even before I pay mine )

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote

compatible, lionfish, puffer, puffers

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com