Fish compatsbility--HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrawberryDory

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 38 gallon bow front tank (salt), and we have a yellowstripe maroon clownfish, a green chromis, and a strawberry fish... The Chromis & Strawberry get along just fine w/ the maroon clown, but we picked up a Coral Beauty yesterday and the fish guy said he would be a pleasant addition to our tank. WRONG. He's very aggressive and was hostile towards the maroon clown, so were taking him back this afternoon.

What other brightly colored fish can we put in our tank that WILL get along & be calm peaceful addition to our tank? We'd like to get something blue or yellow, maybe a tang?? We just don't want aggressive fish attacking each other because we have a 5 year old who's infatuated with the tank.

Thank you!! ?

Hi, I would stay away from tangs because your tank doesn't allow enough swimming room. I have no idea why your angel was so aggressive, all fish are different with personality. So anyway, fish that would so good would be the yellow watchman goby, a flasher wrasse, a Midas goby and plenty more. Live aquaria has many other suggestions

We have a 38 gallon bow front tank (salt), and we have a yellowstripe maroon clownfish, a green chromis, and a strawberry fish... The Chromis & Strawberry get along just fine w/ the maroon clown, but we picked up a Coral Beauty yesterday and the fish guy said he would be a pleasant addition to our tank. WRONG. He's very aggressive and was hostile towards the maroon clown, so were taking him back this afternoon.

What other brightly colored fish can we put in our tank that WILL get along & be calm peaceful addition to our tank? We'd like to get something blue or yellow, maybe a tang?? We just don't want aggressive fish attacking each other because we have a 5 year old who's infatuated with the tank.

Thank you!! ddc20

You can look into a cherub Pygmy angelfish. They're blue and yellow, and usually pretty peaceful. A bicolor angelfish is also blue and yellow, mine small guy never hurt anyone. Usually with angels it's hit or miss, mine have all been very peaceful towards everyone. I think the key may be getting them young.

If your not set on blue or yellow you could try a flame angel. Also I'm surprised with the angel and maroon clown maroons are usually able to take care of themselves.

Thank you!! ��

I have a coral beauty along with 2 yellow striped maroon clowns
they hang out together in their cave no issues at all

tangs require 75g or larger they also stress easy bringing in that horrible Ick issue
you don't want that in your tank
question on your coral beauty was it a young one or older one
older ones tend to be aggressive unless raised in a calm tank
img_2607890_0_456576564aebbb17fd2cfb5797dde4ae.jpg

he thinks he's one of them lol

I have a coral beauty along with 2 yellow striped maroon clowns
they hang out together in their cave no issues at all

tangs require 75g or larger they also stress easy bringing in that horrible Ick issue
you don't want that in your tank
question on your coral beauty was it a young one or older one
older ones tend to be aggressive unless raised in a calm tank

he thinks he's one of them lol

Yeah I took him back apparently he was on the stores display tank for a couple years.... They neglected to tell us that.

get them about the size of a quarter
that way as he grows he knows no better and wont nip at corals or pick on tank mates
keep him fed you wont see any issues
I have a flame angel in my 37 bowfront ,coral beauty in my 40b both model citizens
don't stray away of your choice of fish because you got a bad apple try younger one
they add life to the tank as they are always moving around

Back
Top Bottom