Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Your Clam is going to need to be fed phyto or marine snow...something for filter feeders. I feed DTs to mine and they are doing very well....
i am not familiar with marine snow or DT's can i get a little bit more info on them and how do i feed a clam?

Old 04-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

It really depends on the size of the clam on whether or not you need to feed them. Usually 3+" and they are fine but it never hurts to supplement. DT's is great stuff. It looks like green water

I would also find a flat rock or something to place under the clam. It will attach its foot and it you ever want to move it, it helps to have the rock be movable vs. picking up the clam.

Good luck with the acro. Once you go acro, you never go back

Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

wow a flat rock.. hmm i might not have enough time to get to my local fishstore to look for one befor they get here .. but if i get a few mins between classes i might run up there.

now that u say dt's look like green water i did pick up some filter feeder food when i bought my torch coral and plusing xzina. so if thats what u are talking about. i might have some..

and i do hope i like this acro.. i was worried about my tank being mature enough to handle the little guy but i think i got a very good shot at it.. my water perfect and no problems so far (knock on wood) but i will post picks when i get the new guys in the tank
thanks
michael
Old 04-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #14
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT79
It should have strong, turbulant, indirect flow.
I agree as I have my PH pointed at the side glass and have it bounce off the glass and hitting the toadstool indirectly.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have all of my acros in direct flow from my Nano Stream it isn't a jet of water but rather a gentle flow of 660gph....they are growing very well!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

so many choices. i have a wavemaker and this might give me a chance to use my other maxi-jet 600. as of right now i have 3 PH's in the tank.

any one know how u should point PH's? i just have them pointed at the front cornors.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can point them towards the front, center of the aquarium. You could also aim them at each other across the tank to create turbulence. It really depends on how things are arranged in the tank. It takes some fooling around w/ to get it how you like. A good way to picture the flow is the polyps of the SPS should look as if they are swaying in a gentle breeze.
DT's, or other LIVE phyto such as phyto-feast, will give the best results if you decide to feed phyto. As mentioned it depends on the size of the clam, as to whether it is absolutely necessary or not. Other non-refrigerated, dead planktons IMO/IME tend to pollute more than they help.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok i will see what i can do. thanks for the info

Tags
clam, clams, coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com