fish fight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacheco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just put a foxface in my tank. now the yellow tang won't leave him alone realy beating it up. finaly had to seperate them. will they ever get along or will one have to go back to lfs?

They share the same colors and body shape, right? I'm pretty sure they won't get along. How long did you let them go at it for before you took them out?

Somebody needs to go back :cry: Years ago I had a yellow tang and decided to add a yellow butterfly... big mistake...needless to say, butterfly died within 2-3 weeks.

I have a yellow tang and a foxface in my 90gal together. I added the tang after the foxface though. They are best buds they spend all their time together. I have had no problems what so ever.

I separated them the next day. tried to put them back together today as long as the foxface stays at one end of tank they seem to be ok but when the foxface goes to other end they go at it again. got them separated again. seems to be territory problem.

If you really want to keep them both take apart the rock structure and completely rebuild it. They will both be confused and disoriented and hopefully figure out how to live together.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom