Fish food for color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best food to get the fish colors to pop

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What do you feed your fish I give mine brine shrimp filled with rich algae, omega one marine flakes with garlic, omega one super color, chlorella flakes, and nutriediet marine

Color also have to do with genetics, if the colors arent in their genes, no matter what you feed it, that color won't show. Also if you want colors of your fish to pop, you'd have to have contrast with the backround too. To answer your question, something with krill or astaxanthin will make reds and other colors pop because it is a carotenoid. Fish food with high amounts of carotenoids can help enhance color. Also spirulina can help a fish's color, even though its not a carotenoid . But one of the biggest factor is the health of your fish, the healthier the fish, usually the brighter the fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks good point

But one of the biggest factor is the health of your fish, the healthier the fish, usually the brighter the fish.

+1 to that. If the fish is not kept in a good environment with great water quality, the colors will never "pop".
If you do have all that going, the lighting you use will also help or hurt what you see.

Hope this helps (y)

Even how healthy the fish or corals are, they will not show the colors you want unless you have the proper lighting to reflect those colors. There are LED lights with combination of colors to satisfy your eyes. Some say they are not necessary. I agree if you only care about their growth. For me as a hobbyist I want to see and appreciate what is in my tank without having to worry about overgrown and multiplying corals then just give them away.

Back
Top Bottom