Fish for my 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubikcube

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 2 blue damsels in my 29 gallon tank. However, I originally bought those with the intention of taking them back to the LFS once the tank was well established. I planned on buying a pair of Clowns.

I am going to get the Clowns this weekend and my question is: Would I be kicking myself later if I kept one of the damsels?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for something that will keep the sand stirred up? I'm looking for something that is hardy and easy to keep.

Well, I have a 55 gallon and a Blue Damsel is too small for it. So you would be alot better off if you brought them both back. The Clown's will fit nicely in there, though! HTH

I don't know if we are talking about the same damsels. The ones I have only grow to about two inches.

yeah thast what blue damsels grow too, they arnt large fish a clown can grow all the way up to 5 inches or so

I would take the damsels back as they are very aggressive. A pair of clowns is a good place to start. Remeber to start stocking slowly. Begin with the clowns and see how that goes for a few weeks. After that you have some nice options for fish...coral beauty, flame angel, royal gramma, six line wrasse, various gobies, purple firefish, etc.

Clowns are a better choice...they can be kept in even smaller tanks, although I wouldn't suggest much smaller. I made the mistake (back in the day) of trying to fit a green chromis in a 7 gal and I replaced it with a blue damsel once it died...neither lasted.

Back
Top Bottom