Fish for Nano Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 28g Nano Cube reef with some ocellaris clowns, yellowtail damsel, and a sixline wrasse. ( Not mentioning all the corals and inverts. ) Unfortunately, I lost my mandarin goby today, and am looking for a fish to replace it. I don't believe I want another goby, something that will swim around more. Possibly a royal gramma.. opinions?

Chromis. These fish swim all parts of the tank. Beautiful and pretty cheap too.

Your tank is pretty close to being maxed out. I would think you could replace your mandarin with something like a Blenny.

You cannot do a dwarf Angel in this tank. More than likely would get stressed enough to start eating corals. They need a larger aquarium.

How is your damsel doing in there? They are evil little fish!

Yes. I didn't want to do a dwarf angel with the fear of them eating coral... what about a zebra barred dartfish? Or a royal gramma?

I have a had a dwarf angel in a 29 Gallon biocube and he never ate coral, he was perfectly fine. But if you're worried about, don't get one. Just a suggestion.

KeeperOfFish said:
I have a had a dwarf angel in a 29 Gallon biocube and he never ate coral, he was perfectly fine. But if you're worried about, don't get one. Just a suggestion.

Just because you did it doesn't mean it's ok. I'm just saying its cutting it close. I wouldn't chance it. One thing to consider is the rock volume in the tank. You do not have as much water as you think.

Readingexcalibur said:
Just because you did it doesn't mean it's ok. I'm just saying its cutting it close. I wouldn't chance it. One thing to consider is the rock volume in the tank. You do not have as much water as you think.

You're the first person who has told me on this forum and from my LFS that it wouldn't have been ok, multiple people also keep dwarf angels in their biocubes. Also I don't have that much rock in my tank, and I have considered and thought out what could have happened to the angel fish. I respect your opinion, but from experience and advice from multiple very experienced people, my opinion is that having a dwarf in this persons tanks perfectly fine as long as it has swimming room and there is not too much rock.

What type of dwarf is it? Cherub and flameback/flame should be ok, but many will not be ok. A few get much bigger like the bicolor, i wouldnt even put one in a 30 gallon regular footprint bevause they get too big

Flames do fine in properly stocked 30g with plenty of hiding spots. I dont however recommend one for this tank. Its borderline if not overstocked as it. The bio footprint from a flame would destroy nutrient control imo.

Back
Top Bottom