fish has gone crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fvalbr2l

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anyone have yellow tail blue damsels. I have two with two clowns. One of the blue damsels just started attcking the other. I did seperate them for a while. I put the other back and he's at it again. He dosen't go after any of the others. what to do.

Your best option is to return them to the store. Damsels are very agressive fish, which the fish store usually leaves out when they sell them to you.

They are fighting for domain. This is ordinary behavior with damsels. Just like Devilishturtles explained, they are aggressive. Does this mean you have to get rid of them? No, but just be prepared for them to fight to the death or at least until one of them decides back off. They will also pester anything else you want to put in there in the future if you choose to keep them. Things to ponder...

I have kept 2 yellow tails for almost 4 years. Mine go after my hand but they don't attack each other. They might go after one or the other from time to time but nothing bad. One is a little bigger than the other one.

I had a yellow tail damsel that I believe killed two of my chromis, my clown is alot bigger so he doesnt get picked on. I would not recomend keeping them. They are pretty fish and very cheap until they kill the rest of your fish.

thanks for all your info. I think I'll get ride of them. what would everyone reccomend with clowns, one goby some shrimp and crab and future inverts.

What kind of clowns are they and what sized tank?

Back
Top Bottom