Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fish introduction sequence

I need help figuring out when each fish on my fish list should be introduced. I know some species are more territorial and aggressive than others and would like to first introduce less aggressive fish and end with the most agressive being introduced last.

Here's my fish list again:

1 Flame Angel
1 Yellow Tang
2 True Perc Clowns
1 neon goby
1 BTA
1 Urchin

PS. Just a side question, I have two blue devil damsals and 2 three stripe damsals that i've had for over a year now. Should i get rid of them or could they be introduced in with the rest of the fish list? If so, when should they be introduced?

TIA

Old 08-23-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
In this order.
Clowns
Goby
Flame
Tang (Last 2 interchangeable).

As for the damsels, they may have to go. The clowns and goby may take a beating. Will have to see how it goes.
Don't forget to qt.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi Zenn. I recently started a FOWLR tank. I started with 2 clowns and several inverts (shrimp, hc, snails). I am 4 weeks into it and the clowns are doing really well. I didn't think one would make it after 2 days, but both appear to be doing really well. They also don't hassle the fish that you add later. Last Saturday I added 2 Bangaii Cardinalfish...1 died today. I agree with the suggestions including dropping the damsels. I will add in this order:

2 clowns
2 Bangaii Cardinalfish
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Flame Angel
1 Yellow Tang
1 Mandarin (6 months from now)
Old 08-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

all at once is best i think, then they don't have a chance to get territorial and will all learn to live with each other.

unless of course you can't afford to do them all at once, then i'd suggest, like you said, the least aggresive first and so on..
hth
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
DeFeKt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
all at once is best i think, then they don't have a chance to get territorial and will all learn to live with each other.
The problem with this is bioload shock, plus qt for all these fish at once can be a problem.
IMO, one (or 2 in the case of the clowns) spread apart by the qt period is best.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Try to hold out for a mated pair of neon gobys. Since they are cleaners and have great color (the neon blue, right) either ensure one survives by doing two, or even better, both survive and you have two. Very small and I'd guess, a very small bio-load.

I also like the idea of ditching the damsels and getting a pair or three blue green chromis to school.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:07 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
agreed with quarrysharks introduction..

StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com