Fish jumped out of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanner1990

Aquarium Advice Regular
I came home today to find one of my clarki clowns dead on my floor beside my tank
I'm assuming he jumped out?
Any ideas why/how

Same thing happened to me today too..but with a sleeper goby. I had just gotten him a few days prior too. then he went missing and i assumed my lionfish ate him, but nope, dried up behind the tank. never a fun experience to see that.

If it was a younger male I'd say the female pestered him enuff to jump. Clarkiis are known to be quite aggressive.

Well my pair of clarkis were a mated pair qpparently and it was the bigger one which I think was the female who is dead
The big one was the more aggressive of the 2 and always protected its anemone but everyone got along so I'm not sure why she jumped :( really sad

Same thing happened to me today too..but with a sleeper goby. I had just gotten him a few days prior too. then he went missing and i assumed my lionfish ate him, but nope, dried up behind the tank. never a fun experience to see that.

Surprising for a sleeper goby to jump there always near the bottom I have one as well

I had the same issue many months back with a mated pair of black percs. I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like a lot of factors are there. Maybe it saw something and had the urge to go for it like a bug.

Surprising for a sleeper goby to jump there always near the bottom I have one as well

Yeah...my first small one was always by the bottom too, sifting away, and i think my lionfish got him, so i got a huge one, and i think the lionfish may have been trying to go after him and that's why he jumped out :( Guess no more sleeper gobies for that tank, which is a shame cause i love watching them sift sand.

Yeah...my first small one was always by the bottom too, sifting away, and i think my lionfish got him, so i got a huge one, and i think the lionfish may have been trying to go after him and that's why he jumped out :( Guess no more sleeper gobies for that tank, which is a shame cause i love watching them sift sand.

I heard lion fish are pretty aggressive I couldn't get one cause I heard they eat corals

I believe they can eat coral, I have a Fish Only tank though, and he's not overly aggressive, not as much as a lot of triggers that I've seen or my niger trigger i owned, but if they can fit it in their mouths, they'll eat it.

Back
Top Bottom