Fish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I just set up my 275 gallon reef tank last week, I'm going to let it cycle for like a month before I put any fish in it, I have 2 questions. First how long does it take for the water to clear up after putting it in your tank ? And second I'm putting together a fish list, do u guys have any advise or can you list some fish for me to add to my tank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454860002.666359.jpg

Clearing the tank depends on your filtration system. A bit of filter floss helps to clear the water. Make sure to clean it often tho. It's a nice size tank. But it's a tall tank and allot of bigger fish need length to swim. The extra height does mean extra water volume which will help with the water quality. Are you going reef or fowlr? Without that information we can't really give you some fish choices. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, I'm thinking about making a reef tank.

With that size tank there are tons of options. What kinds of fish do you like? You could do clowns, tangs, wrasses, anthias, chromis, blennies, hawkfish and so on.

I'm thinking about doing a school of anthias and getting some tangs

I'm thinking about doing a school of anthias and getting some tangs

Exactly what I was thinking. If you have a deep sandbed you could put some type of goby in. I would say wrasse but they tend to jump and I notice your top is open. Great looking tank. What type of tangs you thinking about?

I'm thinking about getting a regal tang, a black tang, maybe a couple of yellow tangs a gold rim and maybe a purple or sailfin

Wow, nice setup! You're setup for a nice reef with the 52s and vortechs. I like the anthias school idea, as stated you can pretty much do most fish. Look forward to seeing it come together for you!

Thanks I appreciate it.
So here what I have for my fish list tell me what you think.
1 gold rim tang
1 black tang
1 regal tang
10 lyertail anthias
20 chromis
1 Midas blenny
2 clown fish
1 pink diamond goby
1 tomini tang
3 swallowtail Angel fish
3 cleaner shrimp
2 cleaner wrasse
5 banggai cardinals

Last edited by a moderator:
Well 40 fish is a lot, but it looks like mostly smallish fish so I think you could do that list. I am not familiar with some of the tangs you listed so I will defer to others regarding them.

'I'd cut the number of swallow tail angels down to a pair. Even in that big of a tank the odd one out may get beat up.

Back
Top Bottom