Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I arrived home today from a week in florida, and one of my clown fish has died do to something. I'm going to test my water in a little bit but I thought I would post this first.

As some of you know, i have a 12 Gallon Nano Cube DX with now just one clownfish. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to another fish. I was thinking a purple firefish. How do you think this will go? I'm open to suggestions.

ya i've looked at those and like them but i've heard they just sit around a lot. I think they would be cool though lol.

Would I be able to do a purple firefish and a clown goby since the goby is so small along with the clown?

Im not sure u can keep a purple firefish b/c the minimum requirement is 20G. I'll let the others have saying on this. About the clown goby, the maximum side is only about 3/4 of an inch lol. I don't think it even adds to the bioload. If it does, it should be a tiny amount :) So u should be able to house another nano fish along with him

sweeet.

I did some research on the firefish and it said that they can be kept in a nano as long as sufficient swimming room is there and most of my lr is in the back so..

I know a guy who has a really successful sps 10 gallon with a firefish and a pair of clowns and about 15 pounds of lr, so draw your own conclusions.

ya.. i think i'll either do a 2 clowns and a clown goby or a clown, firefish, and clown goby.

its hard to decide...

A pair of clowns would be interesting to watch. I have a pair and they always swim together, which is cute. Just a thought

Well since no one is going to take the plunge I will be the first......IMO 3 fish in a 12 gallon tank is too much. By the time you figure in the LR, sand, etc you probably have less than 10 gallons of water. I would spend some time checking the water and try to figure out what killed the fish before adding anything.

Back
Top Bottom