Fish list... help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 75g with @160lbs of LR

My list of fish that I would like to see are as follows:

2 perc clowns
1 jawfish
1 watchman gobie
1 firefish
1 yellow tang/or blue hipo tang

Any suggestions or additions/subtractions?

TIA

I don't know if the jawfish and watchman will get along, but they are usually both placid so I would go for it.
How about a pistol shrimp to go along with that watchman (they are really interesting to watch). If you don't know watchman gobies and pistol shrimp have a symbiotic relationship.

Yellow head jawfish do better when you have more then one. They are very shy fish and may have problems getting food with aggressive feaders in the tank. So keep a eye on him if you get one, they are very cool fish..

what about replacing the

1 watchman gobie

with

1 of the shrimp gobies...

I want the sand sifting, and I am guessing that even the shrimp gobies will sift sand...

of am i mistaken?

Watchmans and shrimpgobies are the same thing. Several genera are included, Cryptocentrus, Stonogobiops, Amblyeleotris, a few more. Yellow watchman goby (C. cinctus) is probably the most commonly kept and very hardy. Stonogobiops are small and popular for nanos - might not like being in a 75, although a small colony would be cool. Shrimp/Watchman gobies are not major sand-sifters like Sleepers (Valenciennea). However, the latter can be hard to keep well-fed, eating up all your beneficial LS fauna.

Back
Top Bottom