Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to plkdb Send a message via MSN to plkdb Send a message via Yahoo to plkdb
Fish personalities?

Just curious who has fish that seem to interact with them, or have personalities, hand tame, etc. What kind?

Old 07-22-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to pufferman
I have seen porc puffers and triggers get hella excited and can even be hand fed. But be careful because they have sharp teeth and are aggressive and grow really large up to 1 foot and a half. I have also seen some really bold tangs take a piece of lettuce or flake from the hand.

Tank Specs as of December 29, 2005:Ammonia:0;Nitrite: 0;Nitrate=0;Cu:0
PH: 8.3
SG: 1.028;Temp: 79-84 degrees F (Adjusts throughout the day)
pufferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to sokhamik
my porky died due to a very severe ick outbreak.. quarantining and treatment did not help him.. he ate off of my hand.. one time i was straightening an inlet and he bit my finger.. lucky it was the nail part.. my cowfishes have really funny personalities.. they follow my finger, but when the finger is like face to face with them they do a little shake.. they, too, eat off of my hands.. so does my two clown fishes..
Old 07-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Many many years back, in a FO tank, I had a Panther Grouper - Snoopy (how original, I know). That was the coolest fish ever. If I walked by the tank, it would come to the surface and "spit" a stream of water at me. It loved to be fed by hand - and this is the strangest thing - if I put my hand in the tank, palm up, it would swim over and lay down in my hand.

Okay, I probably should have kept my hands out of the tank, but it was a very cool fish!
ReefLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to plkdb Send a message via MSN to plkdb Send a message via Yahoo to plkdb
My dad had a goldfish that would smack its lip on the side of the aquarium making a clicking sound if it wanted fed. Didnt matter if you were paying attention to the aquarium or not.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:47 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had a green spotted puffer that would follow my finger as a moved it along the outside of the tank. Up, down and sideways...he was pretty funny. And whenever I put my face up to the glass to get a closer look at something I always find my 2 clowns staring right back at me..
Old 07-24-2003, 01:45 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Vicshaw Send a message via MSN to Vicshaw
I have mollies and they kiss your fingers if you just dip them in.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to r95rdstr Send a message via MSN to r95rdstr Send a message via Yahoo to r95rdstr
Jump in the "way back machine" about 10 years and I had a Naso Tang that would eat from my then girlfriend's hand and a Flame Hawk that would come up and sit in her hand. That Naso had the best personality of any fish I ever kept. If the other Tangs in the tank started arguing or fighting, she'd get between them and break it up.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have an Orib Batfish (named Dorito by my girlfriend because he is shaped like one) that gets excited like a puppy and flies back and forth across the tank when I come home. He loves to be hand fed and cuddles around my arm like a cat if I stick it in. If any one else tries to put their hand in the tank, look out he will attack... I have kept batfish for years and they have super personality.... And their face is soooooo cute.....
Old 07-25-2003, 12:13 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

ooops, that is an Orbi Batfish not an Orib Batfish.... Sorry about that.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com