Fish Picking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm SO undecided! I am having the worst time picking the fish for my tank. I really like the coloring of the Anthias. Particularly the bimaculatus and the lyretail (Ideally 2 lyretail and 1 bimaculatus).

I like the purple firefish but I REALLY like the Helfrich's Firefish.

Which of these fish would you choose and why?

I got an orange fire fish and it's boring to watch, it's personality doesn't compare to my percs. Helfrichs is a very pretty fish and even tho it might be boring the coloring of the fish rocks, I would buy it if I could find one at a LFS for a resonable price. I would wait for the fish you really want. Nothing like getting a purple firefish and finding out a week later you could of picked up the Helfrichs.

I had such a boring perc that I'm afraid to get another! It hung by the baffle ALL THE TIME. It was just no fun to watch. It didn't play with others, didn't get involved, etc. Just no fun. What are they supposed to be like?!

The last thing I want is a boring fish! Especially not an expensive boring fish! LOL!

Another consideration is that my maroon and my YT are both very bold fish. I don't want a timid fish because I don't think it will do well in my tank.

Clowns are generally VERY UNSHY. You can put you face to the glass and they wil come right up to it. They swim around like crazy. You can tell they reallly want some food. ALL the time. Pigs...

Ive owned ocellaris and percs. IMO, they seem very inquisitive and curious. I like how they play in BTA. Sometimes they seem bored and other times they are darting back in forth between my BTA's for no reason I can tell.

You got a good size tank and have soooo many fish more options than I do. Check out how the fishes act and swim in a LFS display tank(show off tanks). I really enjoy watching the different personalities fishes have and how they interact with other fishes at LFS.

I have two purple firefish'es. Bought them same time, same place. One always hide and one always out for food. The one who hides, it even runs away from food, until it smells it is food and comes back. By that time, food are almost gone by the YT and perc clown.

Most of the angels are not a good choice for reef tanks so I've been staying away from them. Merlot already tends to nip at some of the LPS. I don't want to take a chance with another nipper!

Yellow tangs have good personalities but I do not have tanks large enough for one. I may get a firefish for my 38gallon eventually. Just because they look cool.

It is getting a pair of clowns (maybe O. or tomatoe) a royal gramma and a firefish and thats it.

I personally like Tangs, blue, yellow, unicorn, naso...they have great personalities. Ive had a couple tomato clowns and they are not very funny. they werent clowns at all...they were bullies :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

I already have a yellow tang and a purple so more tangs are right out the window!

Back
Top Bottom