Fish picking on Clown Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stoffer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a yellow clown goby for about a week, and my fish keep picking on it. The main culprits are my six line wrasse, lawnmower blenny, and mainly my true clown. Every time the goby tries to leave his corner, which he sits in all day, the clown rushes at him and puts him back in his place. Are they always going to do this? The goby doesn't eat because he's always sitting in a tiny corner under a rock. What should I do?

You could try to give it a lot of branches to go out and sit on they're usually noxious to other fish so i don't think he'l be eatn but from my readings they like branching corals.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered some branched coral. I hope it works, because he only swims around at night now, when the clown is sleeping. Every time he tries to swim around during the day the clown tries to bite him. Do you think this will eventually go away, aided by the addition of the branched coral?

Back
Top Bottom