Fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koosdelange

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there anyone who can give me the following information. HOW MANY MARINE FISH CAN I KEEP IN MY 300 LITER TANK? I will appreciate if anyone can give me an idea. Thanks. Koos.

Not sure but that's about 80 gallons if some can help. I once read a good list on that from a google search. I will try and look it up for you from my phone and post it.

Hi mate.
Thanks. 300 liters is about 79.2 US gallons and 65.9 UK gallons. Someone told me not more than 10 fish on this size tank.

I have 9 in my 29g...you can fit way more than 10, well depends on the fish and their size

no prob. The general guidline is 1 gallon per 1 inch of fish. that being the max size of each fish, hope it helps you

There is no fish per inch rule that is relevant in saltwater. In a 80g tank you could have 3 fish or 10 fish, all depends on their size, tempermeant, swim space and how much they contribute to the bio load ie: pooping etc.

What type of fish did you have in mind?

Wrong forum. This forum is for admin contact and tech support. Moving to the Sw general reef aquaria.

You should be less concerned with how many and more with compatibility. As carey said it depends on the fishes size, temperament, needs and bio load. Put together a list of fish you are interested in and then research their needs and compatibilities and post it here with your tank info (fish only, reef, etc?) and people will be able to help out more.

Hi Carey.
Yes,I am just a bit concerned that if I am going to put too many fish in a 300 liter tank that the amonia level might increase. I do have a very good bio filter that does the job. Thank you so mutch for your advise. My tank cycled for about 8 weeks before I put in the first fish and I lost 2 expensive fish,but I think it was to hot inside the tank running at 32 degrees. I bought a chiller yesterday and the fish is very happy. I can see a difference. Thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom