Fish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

'8835th

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've set up and had my first saltwater tank running about a month and a half now and I've had 3 green chromis and 2 blue leg hermits in there to get it cycled. Yesterday I added a royal gramma basslet (which I love) and I wanted to know if I could add 2 blue damsels and 1 four stripe damsel with that. I know both are more agressive, so should I take the chromis out or will they survive?

Is the tank finished its cycle yet or still cycling? What do you have in your tank besides fish? Do you plan to quarantine these new fish?
I would wait a week before adding anything else.

Welcome to AquarimAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
More info about the tank would be helpful. Size of tank, current water parameters. Blue/green chromis and the royal gramma are two of my favorite fish. I would advise you against adding the other damsels. They are just too aggressive and you could end up with problems. You do not want the $5 damsels huritng or killing your $30 royal gramma. remember that in a new tank livestock needs to be added very slowly. A young tank's biological filtration needs time to catch up to the increased bio-load. You should wait about 4 weeks in between fish. Good luck with the new tank!! Lando

I would not add the additional damsels to the tank regardless. Damsels in general are very territorial yet hardy. They are very hardy and offer a wide selection of color but often harass fish 3 times there size. Chromis are very docile and would probably not do so well with the additions.

Back
Top Bottom