Fish Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Packohotdogs

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK so since my clowns died 3 weeks ago, my tank has been doing great. I added some Ultra Zoa's and a Gold Aussie Hammer Coral the weekend after the fish died, and they have been doing great. I have changed out 100% of the water over 2 weeks. My cleaner shrimp, hermits and snails are all great.

I have been thinking about getting a new fish this weekend. I was thinking about a Cherub or Flame Back Angel. I saw the cutest baby clown last week, but am not sure I want another.

Any thoughts on some cool fish for a 12 gallon? Already had a Purple Firefish too.

I don't think your tank is big enough for Angels. I think recommended tank size is 55 gal minimum.

Angel is to active for a 12 gallon. They need more space, what about a nice goby or royal gramma?

Royal Gramma is a total possibility. I'll probably go see what they (LFS) have this weekend.

Those Cherub Angels stay real small... about 2-3".... Not sure, as I read they can nip at LPS.

If I were you, I would do swissguard basslet or swalesi basslet. Or you can put a possum wrasse in your tank. The wrasse will give you more activity than a basslet but you can't beat the colors of the basslets. All of the fish are somewhat secretive/reclusive but you won't have any issues seeing them in your 12 gallon. Also, I agree 12 gallon is small for a cherub. I had one before and it's a very active fish.

Royal Gramma is a total possibility. I'll probably go see what they (LFS) have this weekend.

Those Cherub Angels stay real small... about 2-3".... Not sure, as I read they can nip at LPS.

They stay small, but need more room than a 12g to thrive. The size of a fish does not matter so much as the environment that they require to thrive. Start going outside the suggested sizes and you will get trouble.

I've always liked Court Jester Gobies or Dracula Gobies (not saying that just because its Halloween either). :)

I wouldn't do the royal gramma because they need a bit bigger tank than a 12g but the other suggestions have been good.

I wouldn't do the royal gramma because they need a bit bigger tank than a 12g but the other suggestions have been good.

I disagree, my gramma lives in one cave and barely ever strays far from it. They are IMO one of the best nano fish for tanks 20 gallons or less. They also stay pretty small.

Back
Top Bottom