Fish selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Percula clown 99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I went to my local pet store and found a dwarf lion I really like but i dont know if I can have it in my tank I have a 45 gallon reef aquarium with a yellow tang khole tang and a percula clown . So can I add him or will be be a problem ??

Lions will eat anything it can fit in its mouth and grow pretty quick..as for the 45 that is on the absolute minimum for one imo

Edit* and as stated in your other thread I recommend you get rid of your kole tang along with the yellow tang that you didn't mention here (did you return it?)

NO, sooner or later you're going to have an ich outbreak, So I'd make sure I research that, and have the proper equipment set up. Those 2 tangs are gonna outgrow that tank soon and get it. Your clown will certainly become food at some point for the lion. I'd really consider taking the tangs back and rethinking your stock list.

IMO, I'd get rid of the Tangs before not getting the lion. Just realize with a lion, that it ill really limit your other fish you can get.

That's y I've decided not to get one I'll proble get rid of the tangs and stick with smaller fish

sorry to be a bummer, but you're virtually guaranteeing ICH outbreaks with those fish in there. I think you'll find some of the smaller fish are just as cool, and cheaper!lol

look into some fire fish, gobys, a few smaller wrasse, etc, i always love to go on live aquaria and window shop.

cosmo said:
sorry to be a bummer, but you're virtually guaranteeing ICH outbreaks with those fish in there. I think you'll find some of the smaller fish are just as cool, and cheaper!lol

look into some fire fish, gobys, a few smaller wrasse, etc, i always love to go on live aquaria and window shop.

+1 live aquaria should be like your best friend in the beginning of your SW venture...they have a very large selection of fish corals and inverts with a lot of information including requirements...before stocking a tank you should research all your fish and finish your list before the first fish is purchased in most cases (atleast for the smaller tanks)

+1 live aquaria is a staple in to those who have been in the hobby for a while.. i look at it every time im at the lfs.

+1 live aquaria should be like your best friend in the beginning of your SW venture...they have a very large selection of fish corals and inverts with a lot of information including requirements...before stocking a tank you should research all your fish and finish your list before the first fish is purchased in most cases (atleast for the smaller tanks)

+1 live aquaria is a staple in to those who have been in the hobby for a while.. i look at it every time im at the lfs.

+2 I've got 2 orders from live aquaria and 2 from there sister site divers den, as well as multiple orders from ebay, reefs2go, reef cleaners, slat critters, happy coral, etc. And LA/DD with their 14 day guarantee is hard to beat. Although all those sites were great, LA is really hard to beat. Something dies, no prob, replacement shipped or money back, no questions asked.

Plus their online info and actual knowledge when ya call is great.

Ok so do u guys think when I trade my tangs in u could go wit 2 black and white clown fish

nah sorry! lol, ya can't have 3 clowns in that tank! maybe, but not likely. If your current clown is small, get a smaller one so it will succumb to the bigger clown, and consider rearranging the rock work

Back
Top Bottom