Fish Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was hoping to get a little input on the fish and inverts I want. I looked over the compatability charts and it seems they will go together well. Here's the list.

Yellowhead Jawfish
Purple firefish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Yellow Watchman Goby
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Banded Coral Shrimp
Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab
Bulb Anemone

Any advice would be great. Or suggestions on fish or inverts to add, subtract, or substitute. Thanks!

Small tank, right? It'd help to advise (or opionate) if we knew what sized tank you're talking about. Anenomes are advised after the tank matures - maybe close to a year. A smaller tank will require meticulous care to keep the levels for an anenome safe. Never had one, but that's the advice I hear most.

ur gonna need proper lighting for an anemone also it won't make it with a regular flouresent bulb. just something else to check into.

As far as fish comparability goes you should be fine. We do need to know the tank size. As mentioned, hold off on the anemone and be sure you have the proper lighting.

I agree tank size would be a factor but compatibility shouldn't be an issue with the fish you've choosen.

hackteck said:
jm what type of fish is that in your avatar?

I'm not JM but I'm thinking it's a Scribbled Angelfish. (Chaetodontoplus duboulayi) Beautiful fish.

I would hold off on the banded coral shrimp. Those are know to be aggressive towards other shrimp and might bother the Scarlet Skunk and the blood red fire shrimp. You could also thrown a couple of Peppermint shrimp in there too. Others might want to weigh in.

Back
Top Bottom