fish store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anyone own a fish store? or friends own one?
because i have one friend of mine going to set up a saltwater store. and i was wondering how can we get the tank recycle fast and heatly. because we can't wait the cycle go for a month.
any suggestion?

My friend set his up with Bio Spira. But, IMO he had issues later as he got more fully stocked and had to slow down in the stocking. It did recuperate and did fine. Hopefully you can merge the Bio Spira with a more conventional cycling to get more and longer living bacteria established.

How many tanks and what's the total amount of gallons in the store? 2 linked systems - one for fish only (with copper) and the other for reef and inverts (no copper)?

i am not sure how many tanks he going to have but i know quite a lot. ya he going to have 2 linked system like you said.

I go to a LFS here in the Orlando area. They just set up 2 giant tanks for corals, and they used Fritz Turbo Start. Withn 2 days they had the tank stocked with a lot of coral and some fish, and everything seemed fine. They swear by it.

thank you andy. that's a good suggestion. But, do they have any problem with the only fish tank?

Their fish only tanks have been running for a long time, so they havent used it in there. They do recommend it to people who want to cycle a tank quickly, though. That being said, most folks on here will say that nothing good in this hobby comes quickly. If your friend is starting a store, they will want it done right. I know when I go to a fish store, and I see lots of dead or sick fish, I dont buy anything.

Bio-spira is nothing but marketing in a bottle. (first hand experience) As said early nothing good comes fast in this hobby. If your friend is experienced in SW they should now that.

Back
Top Bottom