Fish stosre burned down sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our lfs is selling all kinds of kent marine products for $3 and master test kits for $7 among other things. All these products came from a 'mother' store that burned down in a nearby town. The products have the 'smoke' dust on them, my hands were black after handling them. Do you guys think the products are still good? I didn't buy anything 'cause I wanted to ask first. The people there are trying to sell everything so to them they are still good. Thanks!!

I bet they are good. Kent always seals their stuff under the caps, so as long as that seal is intact you should be good, assuming the bottle didn't melt at all. I would wash the bottles well first, so you don't transfer any soot into the tank.

I would say that if the paper labels or box is not yellowed or curled then it was not exposed to excessive heat. If the product is heat sensitive it will say so on the label.

Alrighty then!! Back to the lfs!! :D :D Is there anything you guys recommend as far as additives, like iodine and stuff or things not to bother with? They have ALL kinds of large bottles for $3. I really don't need anything right now but I'm thinking for future usage. :D Thanks again!!

get some liquid calcium, coral-vite, some super buffer, phytozoo, the tech-I may come in handy, the powder lime water mix Kalkwasser (**** if they got it big me up a big 500g container) turbo strontium mix

Back
Top Bottom