Fish with personality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
E

eekball

I have a 75 gal SW with some hermit crabs & 2 turbo snails. Currently have a foxface and am removing a bird wrasse (Big mistake adding him to the tank... thanks to my LFS!)

We want some pretty fish to watch (front swimmers) and some fish with personality. We really like Tangs (Naso Blonde, Regal or Sailfin) and have seen a beautiful maroon clown. Not sure if we need anything special for the clown though. Also saw a beautiful Koran Angel.

Will any of these go together??

I don't want all small fish like gobies, but wouldn't mind a pair of something small with a few (2 or 3) medium fish. Someone suggested jawfish, but they seem to stay hidden. I want some fish we can enjoy watching.

Unfortuantely Tangs need quite a bit of swimming room... you may be able to get by with the Regal for a while... but eventually it will outgrow your 75 gallon. Koran Angels need about 150 gallons and require a special diet... I wouldn't recomend them. The maroon clown is one of the more aggressive clowns. I enjoy firefish, dwarf angels, and true percula clowns

Do you need anything special to keep a clown? We do not have any reef or corals.

You dont need anything special to keep a clown. They are pretty hardy and are also very interesting and fun to watch. I had a maroon clown and he was one of the best fish I ever had(until my eel ate him). He wasnt aggressive at all to my other fish and I think that they are usually only aggressive toward other clowns. I also think that blue/green chromis's are great fish. They are not that colorful but they are always swimming around and they even make the more docile fish become more active. Also they are not very expensive and they tend to school when you have more than one.

Look at a royal gramma or a pruple firefish. Both like to be out in the open and have great coloring.

I'd stay away from Tangs and large angels. Do you have any LR? If so you could get dwarf angels. Most are very hardy, but LR is great for them to graze on.

Try a Coral Beauty... a beautiful fish. Mine is one of my favorite fish. He is always visible and moving around the tank and he plays well with others.

Back
Top Bottom