Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Quote:
Probably so, but just remember who runs/manages the shop if you need the job.
Haha. this is why i do my complaining and agruing here and not to him. I have not been working there long enough to disagree with the way he is doing things. I just think its silly how stuborn and somewhat uninformed he is. I asked him if i could recommend people to this site to people for additional help with their tanks and he didn't like that either. He claimed that all forums end up with people arguing over which way is right and that there is lots of bad information. He also though that forums bashed local fish stores.

I'm sure there are disagreements but there is rarly advice given here that i think is flat out wrong. Just the whole more then one way to skin a cat thing. And i wanted to tell him that this forum usually encourages supporting the LFS as long as it's a good one. I didn't want to say that though incase i had to specify what i thought was a "good one" and this place may be on the borderline.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
He also though that forums bashed local fish stores.

Not the local fish stores, just the bad advice given.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree, the staff can be testing at times. I personally have had bad experiences at a LFS (chain stores not included, different rant) when asking questions. I can tell some of them really know what they're talking about but it's like this BIG secret and I only get bits and pieces of information with a look like I'm a total idiot for even asking. Some of them really don't know what they're talking about and instead of finding out, they just make something up. It can be frustrating which is why I came here to begin with.
I'm sure you will not be that way.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
I asked him if i could recommend people to this site to people for additional help with their tanks and he didn't like that either.
I'm wondering if you could try something sneaky, like get your boss to agree to allow you to hand out a copy of the article on this forum regarding fishless cycling only to those customers who express an interest. If you created a version of the article that included a small footnote with this forum as a source the customers who are observant or who are committed to doing their research may find their way here...? Just a thought. Good for you for trying to educate him!

Tags
cycle, fishless, fishless cycle, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com