Five line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, does anyone know about five line wrasse. I googled it and didn't find any aquarium info!

Attachments

• image-2444607530.jpg
    image-2444607530.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 633
Look it up under five stripe wrasse or pink face wrasse.

They are very aggressive and territorial, so put them with other agressives or there could be trouble. 75g min for tank size.

5 Line Wrasse also known as the Christmas Wrasse

Scientific Name: Thalassoma quinquevittatum

Ease of Care: Easy

Reef safe: Not 100%

Approximate Full Size: 8 inches

Native Region: Indo Pacific, Christmas Islands, Africa

Recommended Aquarium Size: 75+ Gallons

Temperament: Extremely Aggressive

Diet: Carnivore

The Five Striped Wrasse is one of the more aggressive wrasses in the family, and as such great care should be chosen with its tank mates. This fish will eat small shrimp and possibly crabs, but will typically not bother corals. This wrasse is very active, and even though aggressive would benefit from having plenty of places to take cover in the aquarium.
They will also nip at clams

Strange...I do not see anything showing that Christmas Wrasses are the same as Five Stripes. The thalassoma quinquevittatum that the prior post says is the Christmas is what I see as a Five Stripe on other sites and the Christmas are thalassoma trilobatum. They look very similar and are both Hawaiian, but they appear to be different. Both aggressive though.

Where's Andy when you need him? :)

I don't doubt that for a second but if you Google the scientific name look at what comes up. Other sites show Christmas wrasses and Five Stripe wrasses as different. I just went on liveaquaria.com and they actually list them as different wrasses. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom