flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
A week ago i put flame angel into my 90.gal tank<lfs did the quarantine for me.> she looks happy.My only concern is that she does not show any intrest in food.She all the time swimms betwen rocks constantly nipping all spots<i guess thats in her nature>.My other tankmates<naso tank,yellow tank,tomato clown,diamond goby> are crazy when i toss some food.I should ask lfs what she eats.Is there enough food growing on rocks for her?She looks really good.

Many fish prefer to explore their new surroundings, nibbling here and there as they would in the wild before taking part in a group feeding. It will eventually succumb to your feeding schedules and if anything the other fish feeding acts as an enticement/excitement. I take it the fish still looks robust and not thinning out? They will normally feed upon marine algaes, sponges, and sometimes coral polyps so as long as you have a varied mix of meaty items such as krill, mysis, cyclop-eeze, clam, fish, etc. and algae such as Nori, spirulina, etc. then you should be good to go. Variety is the spice of life :)

I agree with James that variety is a good key. I would put some seaweed selects out there on a clip. He might go after that.

GarlicXtreme or GarlicGuard (garlic extract) are know to entice to eat. You might want to try addin a couple of drops on the food before feeding the tank.

I agree, I have read that garlic can help to boost the fish's immune systems. From my experience it also seems to send the fish into a feeding frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom