Flame Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are on the caution list. Some are fine in a reef tank others arnt.

Some have been known to nip LPS. Some go years ok then decide its nipping time one day lol. I keep one in my reef. I've had no issues, other than bein a lil bossy. I like the Flame Angels a lot so to me the risk is worth it.

Ive never owned one but they are beautiful fish. Id say if you kept then well feed they will less likely nip coral. Feed 3 times a day.

I feed mine 3 times a day just put as much in there so that the eat it all in a couple of mins. some fish require feeding 3 times a day. The only way it will change your water chem will be if theres alot left over bc they arnt eating if all.

Ive never owned one but they are beautiful fish. Id say if you kept then well feed they will less likely nip coral. Feed 3 times a day.

+1 on feeding. I keep mine overly well fed but I over filter to counter the excess nutrients I get.

never had issues with any nipping at corals

one thing I know is they are fragile fish

after losing 3 I gave up on them and it's one of my most favorites of all fish

I wish you better luck than I have had

never had issues with any nipping at corals

one thing I know is they are fragile fish

after losing 3 I gave up on them and it's one of my most favorites of all fish

I wish you better luck than I have had

Great, it's sitting in a bucket until tomorrow night while I finish up my 130 gallon move...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom