Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Price difference! You can say that again!

taylor8528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Originally Posted by taylor8528 View Post
Price difference! You can say that again!
Lol. But theyre awesome huh!? Just first thing that came to mind with 'flame' in it. I do love wrasses though.

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
Of you could get a peppermint angelfish if you really want a red dwarf angelfish :p
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a flame angel which came with my 2nd hand tank with corals-he was fine -didnt touch them. Nor did the lemon peel, coral beauty or bi colour and people say not to mix them. Maybe I just had enough rocks etc for them to hide
DI68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a flame angel for over a year and a half now and he killed 4 different acans by nipping/eating them but he hasnt touched anything else thank god so basicly acans are a no no in my tank till this fella is around
Kopitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #16
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
As a general rule of thumb, the more reef friendly dwarf angel is the coral beauty. Even these guys can be hit or miss. I currently have one in my 55 reef and, though I have watched him nip at algae near coral and caused them to retract and hide, haven't witnessed them intentionally go after them...this is with him for over a year at this point. It goes to the personality of the fish. Some will go postal on corals while others have no interest. When corals start getting real expensive, their existence becomes more important than a 10 dollar fish and in my personal hindsight, I'd get rid of the coral beauty just for piece of mind in case it loses its mind while I'm at work and can't do anything about it.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
I believe some well known reef safe fish can accidentally taste the flesh of soft corals and start to like them. This is what happened to my flower pot coral which had been in my tank for as long as my yellow tang for more than a year. Lately I started to notice a portion of my flower pot closing. Then I saw my yellow tang is nibbling it. So I moved the coral to my 29 gal nano and it flourish again.

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion". George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote

angel, coral, flame, flame angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com