Flame Angel and Coral Beauty in same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nøjo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, the title pretty much speaks for itself. I have a coral beauty in my tank, and he's a remarkable fish...just love the guy to death. I have, however, also fallen in love with a flame angel and have a desire to put them both in the same tank. I've heard that this is not a wise idea...that no matter the tank size one with find the other and the only plausible outcome is that one dies. I have also heard from fairly reputable sources that this is not written in stone, and that you can have a tank of my size with both of them in there. AND I was told that you can have both in a reef tank, something that I've beem told otherwise by peers.

So what I'm asking is, has anyone tried to mix the two and had any success? With the price on each fish I don't really want to take a change unless there is a very good chance that it will work out. I think this is a plea for help on my part more than anything...my head already knows that this is at best a long shot and yet my heart is looking to be told otherwise.

I know I've read somewhere on here that people have had them together before but i dont remember which post it was in. I just got my flame angel in today and it looks really awesome! I had to choose between the coral beauty and the flame because i only have a 29gal and that is way too small for two dwarf angels. It was hard but I'm glad i got the flame.

I`m thinking that you might be in trouble because of the reef. Both of them could be munchers down the road. It might not happen now but it took several till my coral beauty and keyhole went haywire.

When you do the upgrade to the 500 or larger tank it probably won't be a problem. I won't chance it in my 125. I just hoping that my CB doesn't get a taste for the corals I've been adding. He's been good so far.

Back
Top Bottom