Flame angel possibility sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I bought a flame angel last week and everything seemed to be going fine. He was eating off my rocks and also eating the frozen shrimp I was putting in. Today i notice he was eating off the rocks a bit but didn't eat any shrimp. Later on in the day he was swimming towards the top and just hanging out by the heater. I was looking for white spots or anything snd he looks fine. Any idea what can be wrong? Image1490928525.573026.jpg

Can you tell us more about the system, inhabitants, and current parameters?
What causes this if anyone knows? I have the similar problem but with my freshwater angels I can create another thread for mine, figured I give it a shot in the dark since it's still an "angelfish"

It's a 65 gallon with about 50-60 pounds of live rock. I don't remember my levels exactly but I know they were good besides for my ph being a bit low. It was around 7.5. The tank has been up for almost a year. I have 2 clowns a yeallow eye kole and a 6 line in the tank

What causes this if anyone knows? I have the similar problem but with my freshwater angels I can create another thread for mine, figured I give it a shot in the dark since it's still an "angelfish"

Completely different genus' of fish. Fw and sw angelfish are not related at all. I'd make a post in fw for your angel

Well it looks like he didn't make it. Today came home from work and I can't find him anywhere

Is it possible they ate his body already? Like I just saw him last night

by now the clean up crew prob finished off the body , all my fish tend to go into the rock work to die for some odd reason .

Back
Top Bottom