FLame Angel (Reef safe- Reef unsafe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was your (or your friends) Flame Angel reef safe?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wish you had "I don't know" as an answer because I would vote just to see the results! I don't have one yet though so I can't comment. Keep us posted!

In the beginning, it was reef safe. One day she tasted the bubble anemone, she completely rip the whole thing off in 30 minutes. It is just a time bomb and waiting to start.

I would not put is in a tank with softies, but I've seent them in SPS tanks.

Where is the BOTH option.

I have had two flames. One died soon after getting it. I think it was cyanide caught. The second I have had for several months now with no problems of it picking at my corals.

NOW....

I know someone whom lives close to me who had a three or four flames over the life of his tank and at least two of them where coral nippers.

So it really depends on the fish itself.

You just never know. I do not think it is a matter of "if" only "when" an angel will pick at corals. They may not eat them, but they will nip at them causing the corals to not open fully. IMO, just not worth the risk in a reef.

OK OK just got back from the LFS with a Royal Grama and a 6 line warsse.
I was looking at a small flame angel but i had to pass :( thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom