flame angle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utahcutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
just got a flame angle. i've read that he is a good community fish. i was wondering of any special needs he may have. read today that they need live rock. is this true? since i don't have LR in my tank will he still do all right. I have several other rock pieces he seems to like. i forget what type of rock it is. it's pretty soft and is a tan color. also my yellow tang, really took after him when i first added him to the tank. after being harassed enough he finally bit back, and they seem to be getting along a bit better now.

I feed my Flame Angel at least 1 Seaweed Select strip every day. Plus a mix of Formula 1 & 2, mysis shrimp, and Angel Fish formula. Plus it spends all of its time scouring through my live rocks for anything that tastes good.

I had a Coral Beauty, so basically the same fish. LR is not required, it just presents a natural food source, and natural hiding space. If he has somewhere to hide, and takes to any prepared food, he will be just fine in your tank. Mine ate flake, algae, seaweed strips, anything that came near it! :hat:

It seems like you have it together, Just make sure that you don't add any Tangs or angels of similar colos since they will fight and not stop fighting. 0X

Back
Top Bottom